Experiencing pressure below ribs with heart burn. Working under stress. Looking for cure

Jan 2013

Hi for the past week or so I have been experiencing a dull/pressure sensation just below my ribs during the day , centrally with( a little heart burn ...slight and again.) Onset last weekend then no symptoms during the week , came back again yesterday. Under a lot of work stress at the moment?

Posted Tue, 14 Aug 2012 in Hypertension and Heart Disease
Answered by Dr. Mayank Bhargava 35 minutes later
1) After reading your symptoms, there is diagnostic dilemma between chest problems or upper abdominal (gastric) problems.
2) As mentioned by you "a little heart burn", then it is more favorable to gastric problems.
3) These gastric problems are precipitated by few edibles.
4) You should go for upper gastro-intestinal endoscopy and get the level of injury inside your GI tract.
5) You should also go for chest x-ray (for lung problems)and ECG (to rule out cardiac problems)
6) You should take proton pump inhibitors, gastric protective agents, anatcids on written prescription.
7) You should also take dietary precautions:
a) Avoid tomato, citrus fruits, tea, coffee, chocolates, onion, garlic, oily and
spicy food.
b) You should keep 3 hours difference between meals and sleep.
c) Avoid tight cloths.
d) Avoid legumes.
e) Take Yogurt and soft diet.
f) Take small amount and frequent foods.
Put your query if you have.
Best regards,
Dr. Mayank Bhargava
Follow-up: Experiencing pressure below ribs with heart burn. Working under stress. Looking for cure 3 hours later
thank you for your reply....just hoping it is nothing serious, I was thinking it may be a hiatus hernia? but without endoscopy we would only be guessing?

I will contact my GP.

Thank you again and Best Wishes
Answered by Dr. Mayank Bhargava 2 minutes later
Thanks for appreciating my views.
Get well soon,
Dr. Mayank Bhargava