Experiencing pregnancy symptoms frequent urination, tired, migraines, sore breasts. Have hypothyroid and had ear infection

Hi I am 31 years of age with the past month or so I have been experiencing pregnancy symptoms frequent urination, tired all the time low levels of energy, migraines ,sore/ tender breasts. I have been to my G.P three weeks ago and got my bloods and all that done as I have had an under active thyroid in the past.... however all bloods came back clear and also did a smear also fine.... Just had my menstrual cycle two weeks ago and I am still experiencing the above symptoms... Ive also just come off antibiotics for an ear infection but still feel like crap... I ended up in my local A&E last week with severe migraine and they were treating me for suspected meningitis which put the fear of God in me... Just wondering would you have any idea what this could be.. My doctor thinks it could be a viral infection but I have my doubts please help....
Posted Sun, 29 Sep 2013 in Women's Health
Answered by Dr. Prasad 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Need more details...

Detailed Answer:

Headache secondary to acute migraine, viral infection and meningitis are almost identical. If you felt the worst headache of all times, then it would be difficult to rule out migraine at least based on the history alone. Therefore I would like to share with me what other symptoms you have apart from the headache.

I understand you just came off antibiotic for ear infection and you don't feel alright. Do you mean you still running fever? Are you vomiting with it?
Is the headache throbbing in nature? Do you feel that light and sound is worsening this headache?

I would not consider treating any of my patient with meningitis from home at least if the cause is from a serious infection. If you are not hospitalized and on intravenous antibiotic, then I feel meningitis is less likely. Probably the headache was/is due to an acute flare up of migraine secondary to recent infection. Please provide the additional details to discuss further.

As far as the other symptoms are concerned, the set of symptoms could have been due to hormonal disturbance secondary to late period. If you none of the above set of symptoms are the cause of concern now, I would not consider investigating further.

Awaiting your response...