Experiencing popping sternum. Started feeling pressure in throat after taking ibuprofen. What is causing this?

Question
I have been experiening my sternum popping and it feels good when it does but hurts for a few days afterwards, I have been taking 800mg of Ibeuprfen daily and recently starting feeling pressure in my throat like it is swollen and when I lay down i can only lay on my right side and feel achy around my clavicle bone, what could be causing this?
Posted Tue, 27 Nov 2012 in Bones, Muscles and Joints

Answered by Dr. Muhammad Ishfaq Habib 3 hours later
Hi
Thanks for the query

The problem seems more to be due to some neurological issues the pain is shifting and of radiation nature. Hope there is no history of trauma? diclofenic sodium along vitamin B12 supplements will be more effective than ibuprofen,

Physiotherapy also might be very helpful

If you still have some query, feel free to ask

Thanks

Follow-up: Experiencing popping sternum. Started feeling pressure in throat after taking ibuprofen. What is causing this? 4 hours later
can this have any association with Lipoma?

Answered by Dr. Muhammad Ishfaq Habib 1 hour later
Hi
Thanks for the reply

No, lipoma is a benign condition and are painless. lipomas are
asymptomatic. As I said the pain seems to be neurological origin. such type of pains most commonly arises due to neurological origin, muscular spasms, any trauma received or costochondritis. an inflammation of the costochondral junctions.

If you still have some queries, feel free to ask

Thanks

Follow-up: Experiencing popping sternum. Started feeling pressure in throat after taking ibuprofen. What is causing this? 23 hours later
I have had no trauma, and I have had costochondritis twice since this all has started, what causes costochondritis and what is Physiotherapy? I have made an appointment with my family doctor again I will suggest the things that you have told me because she doesn't really understand what I 'm trying to tell her. Thanks for your help

Answered by Dr. Muhammad Ishfaq Habib 6 hours later
HI
Thanks for the reply

Costochondritis is caused by inflammation of the joints of these areas. physiotherapy are special exercises and some electric stimulating massage which is very much helpful in such conditions.
Be open to discuss everything with your physician

If you still have some query, i will be there for you

Thanks