Experiencing pins and needles sensation all over body and severe sweating. Related to menopause?

Radiologist
Question
I HAVE SEVERE PINS AND NEEDLES IN LOWER STOMACH WHICH TRAVELS UP MY BODY INTO MY ARMS AND DOWN INTO MY WRISTS.FOLLOWED BY SEVERE SWEATING.I AM 73 YEARS OLD BUT WONDER IF ITS STILL THE MENOPAUSE.
Posted Tue, 7 May 2013 in Brain and Spine

Answered by Dr. Ganesh Sanap 26 minutes later
Hi, welcome and thanks for writing in.
Pins and Needle sensation at age 73 is definataly not a menopausal symptoms. It is possibly related to two differential diagnosis. first is heartburn causes by reflux of gastric acid. Another is possibly age related spondylosis involving cervical and thoracic region.
I would like to advise please consult your physician if symptoms are troublesome. Otherwise no need t worry too much as these are common symptoms in old age.
Hope i have answered your query, If you have further concern, please let me know.

Regards.