Experiencing pins and needles in feet while sitting in chair. Type 2 diet controlled diabetic. Advise?

When sitting normally, in an easy chair, I am getting pain and pins and needles in my feet. I am a type 2 diet controlled Diabetic.
Posted Fri, 18 Oct 2013 in Diabetes
Answered by Dr. Shehzad Topiwala 11 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Rule out neuropathy

Detailed Answer:
People with type diabetes are at risk for developing diabetic neuropathy. Typically it tends to afflict those who have poorly controlled diabetes for several years. However it can present early on in the condition because diabetes is often present for many years before it is formally diagnosed.
A good history and physical examination by a GP/family doctor/endocrinologist/neurologist is required to determine if the pain and pins-and-needles-sensation is due to neuropathy. A test called EMG/NCS is sometimes performed to aid in the diagnosis.
However, diabetic neuropathy is a diagnosis of exclusion ie other potential causes of neuropathy must be excluded before attributing the problem to diabetes.

For more information,you may wish to peruse this weblink :