Experiencing periodic pain, nausea and pressure in pelvis. On pill. Having irregular periods. What to do?

Hi, I am a 33 yr old female who is experiencing moderate to
Severe period pain, nausea and a feeling of constant pressure in my
Pelvis. I am on the pill but my periods have become irregular
And I am getting pain before, during and after my period. What should I do?
Posted Fri, 10 Aug 2012 in Menstruation and Miscarriage
Answered by Dr. Rhea Chanda 2 hours later
Dysmenorrhea or period pain can be a cause of distress in our lives.Some amount of pain is normal,especially during the first couple of days of the cycle.It occurs due to the irregular contractions of the uterus.When the pain becomes severe,then the need for further investigations arises. There are a few pathological conditions like endometriosis,fibroid etc that need to be ruled out first.That means that you need to be examined (pelvic examination) and an ultrasound needs to be done.
From there,more tests can be done of required depending on the findings.
I suggest that you see your doctor for a examination and get those tests done.Meanwhile you can take pain medication like mefanimic acid,drotaverine etc .