Experiencing palpitations before periods. What could be the cause?

Hi, Every month before my period my heart starts to get palpitations or a skipping like feeling. what could cause this?
Posted Fri, 30 Aug 2013 in Hypertension and Heart Disease
Answered by Dr. Ram Choudhary 2 days later
Welcome to healthcare Magic!
Some patients develop fluid retention and get electrolytes imbalance which can cause headache, nausea and high BP which may produce similar symptoms as you are having. This is called premenstrual syndrome or PMS.
Treatment is with Lasix 20 mg 2days prior to menses.
Limit fluid intake to 2.5litres day and reduced salt intake.
If still the problem persists please have thyself examined and investigated by a local physician.
I hope the advise would be informative and useful for you.
Take Care!