Experiencing painful bump around tattoo area. Looking for cure

Hi, I recently got a rather large thigh tattoo about 3 weeks ago, since then I've been experiencing some rather painful bumps/spots around my tattoo which look like really large bug bites. Since then they've started to fade and scar but more - slowly but surely keep appearing. They are really sore and are really hard and firm under the skin and are around an inch in diameter under the skin. The bumps themselves have no head on them but are really painful to touch. I had a suspected infection it it and was given a course of antibiotics to clear it. All seemed well until these bumps started appearing.
Posted Thu, 1 Nov 2012 in Skin Hair and Nails
Answered by Dr. Sudarshan 1 hour later
Hi ,

Thanks for writing in.
The bumps you are describing can be keloidal scars,furuncle,folliculitis.

Also I would like to know-
Is there a discharge from the bumps?
What is the color of the bumps?
Do you have fever or malaise?

Can you upload the photos of the affected area?
Photos can help a lot in predicting the condition.

Answer the above questions and upload images to help you better.
Till the time you can take tab ibuprofen for pain and apply fusidic acid cream over the bumps.

Hope this helps.

Follow-up: Experiencing painful bump around tattoo area. Looking for cure 3 hours later
Thank you for getting back in touch,
I've googled what you diagnosed and resemble some what that of kelodial scars although not exactly like that. There is no discharge of any kind from these bumps and they are a red colour like a pimple or a spot but the red spot is only small compared to that of what it is under the skin. I feel well in myself - no fever, no malaise or general unwellness just the pain presented when I touch these lumps.
I'll try and upload a picture of it with this follow up question.
Answered by Dr. Sudarshan 4 hours later
Hi again,

Thanks for details.

As you know it can be keloidal scars.

In the early phase you should take like ibuprofen and serratiopeptidase.

Also keeping cold compresses will help.

Upload the photos and we can go ahead with discussion.