Experiencing pain while sitting due to pain in groin area. What could be wrong?

I am having great deal of pain in the groin area (left side) when I try walking, as well as pain when sitting. Any possible things I should do? Thank you
Posted Wed, 25 Dec 2013 in General Health
Answered by Dr. T Shobha Deepak 3 hours later
Brief Answer: getting ultrasound examination will help Detailed Answer: Welcome to Healthcare-Magic Greetings of the day Namaste Pain in the left groin could be due to many things. As you have mentioned there is pain while you are walking or sitting, it appears to be due to inguinal lymphadenopathy, possibility of inguinal hernia also to be considered. Kindly look for any Bulge occurring after coughing or feel for any swelling in the groin. There is no cause of concern if 1. The left hip movements are not restricted 2. No lump while feeling the groin area 3. No obvious swelling on coughing Would suggest you to try taking analgesic like Ibuprofen for couple of days, if the pain persists consult your physician and get ultrasound examination done. Wishing you a happy and healthy life I would be glad to assist you if you need any further assistance Take care Regards Dr T Shobha Deepak MBBS,MD