Experiencing pain on neck, waist and hip. Blood test done. Knee mri scan showed deterioration. Treatment?

Question
I am a male aged 65 yrs. My blood test report is as follows:
Hb 13 RA -ve Fasting sugar 96 ESR 40 Ceratinine 0.8 bloof urea 27 TLC 8700 DLC 60
neck pain pain around waist and right hip
MRI report of knees indicatee deterioration
kindly let me know my problem and cure
Posted Sun, 5 May 2013 in Bones, Muscles and Joints

Answered by Dr. Muhammad Ishfaq Habib 1 hour later
Hi XXXXXX

Welcome to XXXXXXX

Your reports are almost normal except for ESR which is slightly on the upper limit plus your are also symptomatic. The symptoms and mild raised ESR defines an inflammatory condition which most probably can be arthritis that is causing pain through the joints of your body.

The treatment of arthritis is mostly on the counter available drugs like acetaminophen and diclofenic sodium however consultation from an orthopedic doctor is still recommended.

If you still have some query, feel free to ask

Thanks

Follow-up: Experiencing pain on neck, waist and hip. Blood test done. Knee mri scan showed deterioration. Treatment? 9 hours later
Dear Dr. XXXXXXX Ishfaq XXXXXXX

Thank you for the initial diagnosis and prompt reply. I am giving below the detailed report for your further study.
Height 5' 7" Weight 56 Kg Age 65 yrs
Blood Sugar fasting 86 mg%
Blood Urea 27 mg%
Blood Cholesterol 130 mg%
Serum Creatinine 0.8 mg%
Seerum Uric Acid 4.3 mg%
Serum Triglyceride 97 mg%
Hb 13.1
TLC 8700
DLC 7-60 L 36 E 2 M 2
ESR 40 mm/hr
RA Factor -ve
As I said I had MRI done on my knees and as per the expert advised (there is damage to the ligaments, lack of fluids and deterioration of bones) to undergo operation. I did not opt for it. Though I walk sit folded legs and do my regular activities there is no pain in the knees. Recently me neck (spinal cord) is paining and needs rest (lie down). Can't sit on a chair for long. And there is a pull on the nerves from neck down to the right side of my right leg.
Is the increased level of ESR indicates this auto immune disease or any other symptoms of the diseases like TB Cancer etc?
Thanking you

Thanks for reply again with details.

As stated the ESR is mildly elevated. The conditions you have mentioned rises ESR more than 100 mm/hr. Additionally the other values you have mentioned will also be deteriorated. And there are some other typical symptoms like lose of weight, fatigue, low grade fever, loss of appetite.

The MRI report state the changes which are inflammatory that have caused the joints to weaken. This happening systemically. however for autoimmune disease you can have some tests like XXXXXXX and ASMA however rheumatoid is excluded by have RA factor negative.

Thanks