Experiencing pain on chest, above eyebrow and vibrating feeling in legs. Any ideas?

hi, I am currently experiancing pain on my left eye brow or just slightly above it. Pain in my chest(left side) and have a constant vibrating feeling in my legs which is getting worse.

Any ideas?
Posted Sun, 3 Mar 2013 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Sundar Gnanavel 11 minutes later
Thanks for your query. I understand your concern with a constellation of different symptoms. The combination of symptoms in eye, chest and legs point towards a psychogenic cause as they do not fit any physical disorder. It is possible you suffer from an anxiety disorder/ somatisation disorder considering the combination of symptoms. However, i would suggest an EKG initially to rule out cardiac causes and check your visual acuity with an ophthalmologist. You would require a thorough psychiatric evaluation for the above causes. This would include an evaluation of current life stressors and your coping skills as well. Do clarify anything else you may wish to.
Dr Sundar
Follow-up: Experiencing pain on chest, above eyebrow and vibrating feeling in legs. Any ideas? 4 minutes later
what would be causing my legs to have a vibrating like feeling?
Answered by Dr. Sundar Gnanavel 3 minutes later
The vibrating feeling in your legs along with symptoms like tingling and numbness are called as pseudoneurological symptoms. They are due to hyperexcitability of the nerves. It can occur in a variety of anxiety and somatoform disorders as well as in neuropathy associated conditions.
Dr Sundar