Experiencing pain in the region of appendix. Easy way to get cure?

Pathologist and Microbiologist
I am a male 65 years old I am suffering pain around the appendix when I need to dispose of my bodies waste the pain stays there untill I have used the toilet. the pain slowly builds up in intensity during the day and is worse as soon as I stand in the morning. It reminded me of when i was a child and had grumbling appendics but then it got worse and had to go to hospital they peruesde it away I am not constipated and not suffering any other way no temperature and eating ok, XXXXXXX
Posted Mon, 6 May 2013 in Abdominal Pain
Answered by Dr. Shailja Puri 44 minutes later

Thanks for posting your query here.

The presence of pain in the region of the appendix i.e. the right lower abdomen is not due to appendicitis as inflammation of the appendix is associated with pain around the umblicus which later shifts to the right lower abdomen. Fever is also associated with this condition.

Other possibilities for pain in right lower abdomen are:
1. Inguinal hernia
2. Growth in the organs in the right lower abdomen
3. Lymph node enlargement and inflammation
4. Amoeboma

These are just few possibilities of many causes.
You are advised to visit your doctor for some investigations.
An ultrasound of the abdomen and pelvis will determine any abnormality in the underlying organs.

The further work up will be guided by the investigations.

Thanks and take care.
Dr Shailja P Wahal