Experiencing pain in testicle and penis shaft. Is this due to over masturbation?

DOCTOR OF THE MONTH - Dec 2014
Dec 2014

Psychiatrist
Question
I am expericnecing mild pain below the balls and at the shaft of the penis.This has lead to weak erections and after masturbation my erection goes away quickly.I consulted a doc.He said its because of overmasturbation.He gave me some meds.They allevated the pain and my erectons were normal again but whenenver i masturbate agian my problem seems to appear again.Can you help me with this and give me a solution.
Posted Sat, 25 May 2013 in General Health

Answered by Dr. Seikhoo Bishnoi 3 hours later
Hello
Welcome to XXXXXXX

Masturbation is self stimulation of genitals in order to achieve erection. It is a healthy and safe practice. It is not harmful to health or reproductive system. But excess of any thing may cause harm, violent and excess masturbation may cause poor erection which is temporary and reversible. Some times it may lead to infections in epididymis or prostrate which may cause pain. Antibiotic therapy is needed for such conditions along with rest.

You have mentioned that on masturbation pain occurs again and again cause poor erection, I would advise you to please avoid masturbation for at least a week.
Take any ORC painkiller for pain relief.
The symptoms will improve in a week.

If problem of poor erection persist then we can give medicines for erection. Sildenafil, tadalafil etc are very useful drugs used in SOS basis. Herbal medicine Tentax Royal is also useful.

Don't be stressed you will improve without any complications.
If you have more questions you can ask again.

Thanks
Dr. Seikhoo Bishnoi, MD

Follow-up: Experiencing pain in testicle and penis shaft. Is this due to over masturbation? 7 hours later
Thanks for the reply.Its really helpful.I wanted to know one more thing.Do I need to worry about thsi condition of coz I have been stressed out worrying about this?...And is this related to ED?..will i develop ED?

Hello again

There is no need to worry and take tension, the condition will improve on taking antibiotics and proper rest from any sexual activity. It will not lead to erectile dysfunction. So be assured there is no need to worry.

If you have more queries you can ask again.

Thanks.

Follow-up: Experiencing pain in testicle and penis shaft. Is this due to over masturbation? 8 hours later
hi,
Thanks for the timely reply.I had one alst question to ask you.I know this prooblem occurred when I inflicted an injury due to violent masturbation.You asked me to reduce masturbation but my question is will the problem arise when I have sex??..If then waht will I do?Can you suggest me some meds to alleviate the condition?

Answered by Dr. Seikhoo Bishnoi 11 minutes later
Hello again

As the detailed examination is not possible still I can tell you that due to injury minor hematoma or inflammation occurs in shaft of penis or scrotal area which results in pain. But the condition resolves by own. I have asked you to take rest for about 1 week only and you will see improvement. The condition will resolved by own with time, it will not affect your sexual life. After some time you can masturbate also, but try to avoid violent methods. For pain relief and inflammation you can take Ibuprofen once to twice a day for about 5 days provided you are not allergic to any pain killer.

Hope it helps you.

Thanks
Dr. Seikhoo Bishnoi, MD