Experiencing pain in side of abdomen and back. How to get relief?

Jan 2013

Hi ,I have been experiencing pain in the right side of my abdominal and slight into my back for about three weeks now . It is not so much pain as a dull ache and warmth,just wondering if you can help me out , the pain does not interfere with my sleep . XXXXXXX
Posted Thu, 4 Apr 2013 in Abdominal Pain
Answered by Dr. Mayank Bhargava 1 hour later
Welcome to XXXXXXX forum.

Let me know the associated symptoms along with mentioned.
Do you have burning urination/ increased frequency of urination/ fever?
Do you have yellow discoloration of eyes and urine/ fatigue/ weakness/ acidic belching/ nausea or vomiting?
Does this pain has any aggravating or relieving factor?
Do you have any past history of back injury?
Are you a smoker or an alcoholic?
Is this pain present in right upper quadrant or right lower quadrant?

With the available described symptoms, there appears to be possibility of renal colic or muscular ache.
Presence of dull ache with backache suggest the diagnosis.

You should consult with XXXXXXX medicine specialist/ general surgeon and should go for through check up.
You should also go for complete blood count, renal function test, ultrasound imaging, urine routine microscopy, liver function test.
Treatment depends on exact diagnosis.

Meanwhile, you should take analgesics along with muscle relaxants.
You should also take proton pump inhibitors twice in day.
You should also avoid tomatoes, citrus fruits, and oily spicy foods.

As such there appears to be least correlation between present symptoms and past history of dog bite.

Hope that helps.
Let me know your other query.
Take care,
Dr. Mayank Bhargava
Follow-up: Experiencing pain in side of abdomen and back. How to get relief? 40 minutes later
I urinate more frequently, standing for a long period of time aggrevates the pain lying down or sitting to one side relieves the pain.I have had some lower back pain before but not as on going, I do smoke .it feels more tight than painfully , when I need to go to the toilet the pain is a bit worse .The is all the way from under my rib age to my pelvis
Answered by Dr. Mayank Bhargava 12 minutes later
There appears to be possibility of renal stones, acute gastroenteritis (pain worsening on using toilet).
You should first take complete antibiotic therapy and should go for above prescribed investigations.
Best regards,
Dr. Mayank Bhargava