Experiencing pain in lower left abdomen. Painful to push and frequent bowel movement. What could be the cause?

Apr 2014

I am experiencing pain in my lower left abdomen. Painful to push on it, pain when coughing and have frequent bowel movements (normal feces). No blood. Appears to be traveling laterally. I have no pain at naval level; about 1 to 2 inches below.
Posted Tue, 12 Nov 2013 in Abdominal Pain
Answered by Dr. Indu Kumar 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
It may be due to IBS,colitis,intestine spasm etc.

Detailed Answer:
Thanks for writing to XXXXXXX

There are many causes of pain in left lower abdomen.
You need proper clinical examination and investigations.
Investigations include routine hemogram,RBS,LFT,RFT,urine RE/ME,stool examination routine and microscopic,Ultrasound of abdomen and further investigations can be done if needed.

Causes of pain may be due to colitis,colicky pain in intestine due to spasm,renal or ureteric colic etc.
Causes of pain can be ascertained by clinical examination and investigations.
Treatment depends accordingly.
At first,antibiotic trail for five days should be given.

Pain may be due to irritable bowel syndrome also.There is no specific treatment for it.Treatment includes psychological therapy,diet modification etc.
So,you should contact your doctor and get the investigations done.

Get well soon.
Hope i have answered your query.
Further queries are most welcome.

Take Care