Experiencing pain in lower abdomen, hips, thighs and vagina. Get severe pain after urinating. Suggest?

Question
hi doctor, i am 28,female. i am experiencing pain in my lower abdomen,hips n thighs and vagina. after peeing i get a severe pain in vagina and whole body.
Posted Fri, 9 Aug 2013 in Abdominal Pain

Answered by Dr. Shanthi.E 3 hours later
HiXXXXX

You have either an acute Urinary Tract Infection (UTI) or a Pelvic Inflammatory Disease (PID).

You need to get an urgent urine routine and microscopy test done to look for pus cells or microorganisms, if any. If infection is confirmed, you need to take antibiotics accordingly.

Meanwhile, drink cranberry juice, take plenty of fluids orally, and take syrup Citralka about 2 teaspoons mixed in half a glass of water, thrice daily for a couple of days.

If you are sexually active, please refrain from sexual intercourse till the time you recover completely.

Get well soon.

Follow-up: Experiencing pain in lower abdomen, hips, thighs and vagina. Get severe pain after urinating. Suggest? 15 hours later
hi doctor as suggested did the routine urine test.... by the way the problem is faced by my wife XXXXXXX ..
She had faced the same problem 2 days back but that time it went away with rest and lots of water.

As of today she took a Sumo in morning and specially took the juice and the syrup. Its fine for now. But we are concerned if there could be anything serious.

Please review the report of routine urine test.

Answered by Dr. Shanthi.E 7 hours later
Hi xXXXX

I am glad that you got the urine routine done for your wife XXXXXXX The report says that she has around 20 -25 WBC/ pus cells. This indicates a definite UTI. This also requires urinary antiboitics like Norfloxacin with Metronidazole for complete cure of infection. She needs to take the medicines for at least 5 days. Please continue to follow the supportive measures that I said in my earlier reply.

I am sorry; this is a serious infection and needs to be treated. Both the drugs are prescription drugs. Please get them prescribed by your Primary care physician.

I wish your wife complete and speedy recovery.

Take care!

Follow-up: Experiencing pain in lower abdomen, hips, thighs and vagina. Get severe pain after urinating. Suggest? 4 hours later
hi doctor as suggested we consulted a urologist and he prescribed oflox and sumo apart from chitralka... he also suggested a urine culture as a precaution...

Answered by Dr. Shanthi.E 9 minutes later
Good, You are going in the right track. Please complete the course of antibiotics and make sure there is complete recovery.