Experiencing pain in gallbladder and abdomen, headache and constipation. What is going on?

Gastroenterologist, Surgical
i have been experiencing gallbladder,pancreas problems with pain in gallbladder & lower right abdominal quadrant with on going constipation & headaches, just started vomiting & it is very acdic & bright purple, have been using pancreas & acidophilus, have had ultrasound & am waiting for diagnosis, Dr advised if it got any worse to go see him, is the vomit part of whatever is going on or a symptom of migraine
Posted Mon, 12 Nov 2012 in Abdominal Pain
Answered by Dr. Ketan Vagholkar 12 hours later
Thanks for writing in.
From your description it appears to be a problem of the gall baldder. Commonest is gall stones which can cause recurring problems.Gall stones can also cause pancreatitis which is manifested by upper abdominal pain referred to the back. Ultrasound will reveal the exact problem or rather status of the gall bladder.
Vomiting suggests active inflammation of the organ. It is advisable that you remain under observation and medications.All your other symptoms can be due to gall stone disease.
If gall stones are detected then surgical intervention is promptly indicated.
I hope this answers your querry.
You can write back if you have any further doubts.
With regards
Follow-up: Experiencing pain in gallbladder and abdomen, headache and constipation. What is going on? 2 hours later
Thank you for information, I was able to see my Dr today & he had also thought it gallbladder related but ultrasound has come back normal. He has advised i take buscopan & may reccommend a scope when I return to see him on Thursday if no improvement & because symptoms are increasing. is there any reason a gallbladder issue would not show up on ultrasound? He seems a little unsure & believes maybe it is a colon issue, although there are symptoms in colon the worst discomfort is still coming from gallbladder & since vomiting started last night, pain has now started in upper/mid right back, Thank you
Answered by Dr. Ketan Vagholkar 13 hours later
Thanks for the feedback.
Since the ultrasound is normal you do not have to worry about the gall bladder. It appears to be a intestinal problem. As vomiting is a predominant feature a upper GI endoscopy will be of great help. I feel an endoscopy should be done at the earliest. Until then a combination of antispasmodic and anti ulcerogenic medications should be commenced.Another possibility is pancreatic disease. this will require a CT scan for diagnosis. So a endoscopy and a CT scan need to be done.
I hope this answers your doubt.
With regards