Experiencing pain in face, forehead, mouth and chin area. Started working out. Also have folliculitis. What can be done?

I'm a healthy 28 year old male. I have made the decision to get into exercise 7 days a week in some form or fashion to take better control of my health. I am sweating much more than I used to and am taking in plenty of fluids.

I have noticed though that since I have began working out, I have been developing acne on my face, particularly on my forehead and my mouth/chin area. Let me also interject briefly regarding the mouth area that I do not have HSV1 or 2 and have been recently blood tested with an IGG test less than a month ago. I am not sexually active nor have I kissed anyone since around the beginning of the year.

I have also experienced some folliculitis around my mouth area too.

Is there a direct correlation between excessive sweating and having these breakouts? It is not severe acne but I am used to having none, so any at all raises the question.

And although I have tested and feel secure I do hot have HSV1 I would just like to confirm the bumps above my mouth do not resemble anything suspicious.

Thank you - blessings.
Posted Sun, 28 Jul 2013 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Achuo Ascensius 3 hours later
thanks for the query,

I have seen the pictures. There are erythematous lesions dotted around the face.
It is likely that the lesions develop due to blocked pores following exercise. During exercise, the pores open and waste are eliminated through the pores. In an event where a pore becomes blocked, the waste stays within causing the lesions. More so, the presence of ammonia in the waste could as well cause irritations that could appear as the lesion you have. Blocked pores is common following frequent touching of the face, use of a towel to rub off sweat etc.

Generally, to avoid this, you should avoid touching the face and avoid rubbing with towel rather just mop the sweat.

It is also possible to have a yeast infection but this is typical of skin folds and with a somehow different presentation that what you present with.

Your lesions do not resemble herpes. Herpes typically is around the mouth, and presents with eruptive or ulcer lesions and is recurrent.

So, i will advice gentle and less aggressive skin care and avoid use of diverse topical agents on your face else it would rather do more harm. Ordinary bathing with soap is adequate for now.

Hope this answers your query. If you have further query, i will be glad to help.
Best regards