Experiencing pain in abdomen. Hurts while lifting or doing any physical work. Experiencing pain in left leg. Underlying cause?

Jul 2016

We are traveling far from home, and my husband is experiencing pain in his lower left abdomen. He is lying down now, and it only hurts, 7 out of ten, when he presses on the spot, which is 2-3 inches, approx.. we were lifting and doing physical work , but this started before that- this morning. He is not constipated. it only hurts when he presses on it or moves his left leg a certain way.
Posted Wed, 21 Aug 2013 in Abdominal Pain
Answered by Dr. P. T. Patil 1 hour later
Thanks for your query. based on the facts that you have posted it appears that your husband has colicky pain in lower abdomen on left side.
I shall be happy if you post few more details to help me making comments on his problem.
1) He has only one kidney, please specify whether he has kidney on Rt side or left side.?
2) Does he have only one kidney from birth or the other kidney was removed for some disease.?
This could be due to either presence of stone in the kidney or Ureter on left side or may be due to Intestinal colic.
Please get following basic tests done to diagnose his problem.
1) Routine Urine test
2) Ultrasound scanning of the abdomen.
Please consult qualified general surgeon or urologist for clinical evaluation and further treatment.
In the mean while take antispasmodics like Spasmo-Proxyvon or Cyclopalm along with antacids. like Pantoprazole twice daily .

Ensure to take sufficient fluids and electrolytes and take light diet.

Hope I have answered your query . Please feel free to ask if you have more questions I shall be happy to address the same.

Thanks and Regards.