Experiencing pain at injection site. Should I be worried?

Nerve hit in left arm from routine blood draw (injection site was right after elbow). Its been 4 months and I'm still experiencing all sorts of pains throughout my arm, (trouble typing, numbness in my thumb, shooting pain in my wrist). Some better days, but some painful days. Will this ever heal - and if so, how much time?
Posted Wed, 13 Mar 2013 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 36 minutes later
It seems that you have suffered a nerve injury during the injection. Most of the times such minor nerve injuries do heal on their own in 2-3 weeks. In case the symptoms are persistent then you can take methylcobalamin supplements and local steroid injections after consulting a neurologist.
You can also get an MRI done to find out any other soft tissues compressing the nerves.
Hope this answers your query. I will be glad to answer the follow up queries that you have.
Please accept my answer in case you do not have further queries.
Dr. Rakhi Tayal.