Experiencing pain and swelling in leg. Feeling weakness. Which specialist should I consult?

I am experiencing pain in Calf right leg and now it has spread to both legs including thighs and ankle and foot. Slight sweeling in ankle was experienced but it is not permanent. Also a light gery XXXXXXX is there in right leg calf area. Feeling weakness and sometimes nominal temperature. I had consulted a MD and my blood report was ok only slight MPV was high.
Posted Sun, 2 Dec 2012 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Pavan Kumar Gupta 3 hours later
Since there are many causes for pain in calf muscles and legs,I need certain informations from you so that I am in a better position to answer.
Since when you are having these problems?
Are you suffering from diabetes or hypertension?
Do you consume alcohol or do smoking?
Do you work in conditions which are very warm and humid and result in lot of sweating?
What blood tests have been done by you and what are the reports?
Do you consume any medication regularly?
Do you do regular exercises?

Waiting for your reply.
Follow-up: Experiencing pain and swelling in leg. Feeling weakness. Which specialist should I consult? 36 hours later
I have been experiencing this problem from last one month.
In past I have do not have any complaints regarding Diabetes or Hypertension.
Yes I consume alcohol 2-3 days a week , I do not have smoking habit but i smoke occasionally.
No I do not work in warm conditions.
Test have been done for CBC , SGPT, and urine on recommendation of Physician and after reviewing the report Doctor had confirmed it was ok.
No I have not consumed any medication for any other reason except for pain in my legs in past one month.
No I do not exercise regularly.
Answered by Dr. Pavan Kumar Gupta 5 hours later
At your age the most common cause and likely explanation could be lack of VIT B12.Other cause could be deficiency of Calcium and VIT D.
Please get tested for these and if found deficient take proper medication for these in consultation with your doctor.
However if you don't have these causes,then a proper search for the causes have to be made which may include
Peripheral artery disease
Varicose veinsĀ  XXXXXXX vein thrombosis etc.

Slight high MPV could be a normal finding and has to be monitored on regular basis,as a persistent rising trend would have to be investigated further.

Please get back to me in case you have something else to ask.
Best of luck