Experiencing pain and pressure in leg and ankle. Any treatment?

Jan 2013

i suffer pain down from my upper thihg down the

out side of my leg my ankle in both legs .very painful at night .cannot lie on either side in sometimes feels if could stick i pin in to it it would release the pressure or pain.
Posted Sat, 25 May 2013 in Bones, Muscles and Joints
Answered by Dr. Mayank Bhargava 47 minutes later
Welcome to XXXXXXX forum.

With the available described symptoms, you are most likely suffering from L4-5 radiculopathy.
Radicles are nerve roots emerging from foramina in between the vertebrae.
Compression of nerve roots by prolapsed disc or nerve fibres damage by metabolic causes (diabetes, exposure to metallic fumes) may cause presence of symptoms in affected dermatomes.

You should consult with XXXXXXX medicine specialist/ neurologist and should go for thorough neurological check up.
You should go for complete blood count, blood sugar, renal function test, serum electrolytes, x XXXXXXX lumboscaral spine, and nerve conduction studies of lower limb.
You should also go for CT/ MRI scan of lumbosacral spine for better clarification.

Treatment depends on exact diagnosis.
Meanwhile, you should also take pregabalin, gabapentin, high doses of methylcobalamin and oxcarbazepine.

Hope that helps.
Let me know your other query.
Take care,
Dr. Mayank Bhargava