Experiencing pain and inflammation in lymph nodes. What are the causes for eye migraine?

May 2014

hi I have been experiencing pain and inflammation of various different lymph node locations within my body. I first noticed this about three weeks ago in the crease of my elbow which is a hard lump, goes up and down regularly but lately I have noticed that it is causing tingling and aching in my arms. My nodes in my neck, under my chin and at the back of my head (on the neck) have also come up, pain and swelling behind the knee and in my groin and I am also experiencing pain under my arm and a stabbing sensation in my right breast. I have gone to the doctor and he has done a blood test and requested a CT scan of my spleen. Feel fatigued and as if I am constantly fighting something. Can;t get in for the CT scan until next Tuesday. Just feeling a bit anxious and generally aching all over. not much appetite but no weight loss, recently had an eye miagrane (never had one of them before over my right eye - zig zag patter which lasted anbout 20 minutes then went away. Also a bit of dizziness. can anyone please shed some light on what this might be and whi so many of my glands have now come up?
Posted Sat, 30 Nov 2013 in Medicines and Side Effects
Answered by Dr. Vivek Chail 2 hours later
Brief Answer: You will need a detailed evaluation before we start treatment. Detailed Answer: Hi XXXX, Thanks for writing in to us. I have read through your query in detail. From your multiple lymph node swellings through out the body, it appears that your lymphatic system is overactive. This can happen due to infections, acute or chronic or due to problems in generation of white blood cells. The spleen is an important organ in the lymphatic system and therefore your doctor has asked to get CT scan of abdomen to look for spleen enlargement or any other abnormality. A complete blood work up and peripheral blood smear will also help. It might help if you can list out the test done and its report. If necessary, I would order for FNAC/ biopsy from any of the enlarged lymph nodes. Weakness, fatigue and dizziness can be seen in many conditions and may or may not be related to your lymph node enlargement. Any symptoms of fever must also be discussed with your doctor. You can wait until next Tuesday to get the CT scan done. Since you have a family history of various cancers, screening for any form of cancer involving the lymphatic system is most important for you at present. Once cancer is ruled out, infections are the next possibility in you. Hope your query is answered. Do write back in case you have doubts. Regards, Dr.Vivek