Experiencing pain and burning sensation on anterior forearm. Should I go for emergency cure?

Hello. I'm a 28 yo female experiencing intermittent deep aching of the right anterior forearm, the entire wrist, and the dorsal aspect of the right hand, accompanied by a burning sensation along the veins, which all appear darker and bulging during an episode. The symptoms started about three weeks ago and there have been about five episodes of these symptoms. The first few times I asked someone to squeeze my arm at the cubital fossa with medium pressure and then the same with light pressure at the wrist and hand and this helped temporarily. Now I've realized raising my arm straight up above my head stops the bulging veins and the other symptoms then improve, however when I bring my arm back down it returns. Each episode lasts for a few hours when it happens. I have also recently experienced a weak grip in the right hand and arm weakness, which I plan to see a neurologist for this week. Over the past two weeks I've had some trouble completing the stream when I urinate without physically pushing down on the pelvic area. I have some BIL cramping in the calves at night. Just want to note that I've had overnight temperature around 99.9 for months with no known cause. Hx of right shoulder sx in 2005 to repair a multidirectional labrum tear, peripheral neuropathy of the BIL feet, arms & hands that I've experienced intermittently with no known cause since 2007 treated with gabapentin for a few weeks at a time during a relapse, two episodes of post-viral gastroparesis- still taking domperidone for GP o/s Feb 2012. Due to the peripheral neuropathy, intermittent joint pain & swelling with a glow-like redness of the skin, sclerosis of the SI joint dx (per MRI for right buttock pain), and frequent infections, autoimmune conditions have been suspected in the past, but blood work has been negative.

My main concern right now is making sure that whatever is going on in my right arm isn't cause for emergency care. I assumed it's not since it's come and gone for a few weeks, but I wanted to ask a doctor since this service is available. Thank you!
Posted Fri, 3 May 2013 in Bones, Muscles and Joints
Answered by Dr. Luchuo Engelbert Bain 4 hours later
Hi and thanks for the query,
I think what you are experiencing does not deserve emergency care, but however deserves a more keener and close look. Your past medical history presents clearly the neurologic component's probable explanation of the symptoms you are experiencing. I suggest this is an extension of the symptoms of the peripheral neuropathy. However, poor venous return is an issue which must also be considered in this case. Phlebographic considerations you also be put in mind during the evaluation process.
I suggest you take your time, its not very urgent to book an appointment with the neurologist, and not to forget completely and venous return probable implication and contribution the symptoms experienced.
thanks and hope this helps. Do not hesitate asking further questions if any. Shall be honored to contribute.
Best regards,
Luchuo, MD.