Experiencing pain above eye and back of head. How to overcome this problem?

Nov 2013

experiencing sudden pain above the right eye and also directly in the back of the head behind the same spot. at the same time, pain occurs above the mouth, on the right side. On another occasion, a shooting pain, almost like a shock, down the right arm all the way into the hand occurred.
Posted Tue, 28 May 2013 in Headache and Migraines
Answered by Dr. Sudhir Kumar 1 hour later
Thank you for posting your query.

These pains are neuralgic in nature, arising from the trigeminal nerve (face, head, above the eye & mouth) and cervical nerve (arm and hand pain).
If these are transient, there is no need to worry. However, if they keep recurring, evaluation should include MRI of brain and cervical spine, to find out the underlying cause.
For pain relief, you can take pregabalin or gabapentin capsules.

I hope it helps.
Please get back if you require any additional information.

Best wishes,

Dr Sudhir Kumar MD (Internal Medicine), DM (Neurology) XXXXXXX Consultant Neurologist
Apollo Hospitals, Hyderabad,
My personal URL on this website:
My email: YYYY@YYYY
My blog: