Experiencing numbness, pins and needles and pain in hands. Have dry eye syndrome. Reason for symptoms?

I have been experiencing the following: numbness, pins and needles and pain and weakness in my hands, wrists, arms,legs and feet, also have dry eye syndrome and dentist said a marked decrease in saliva , have headaches in front of my head and frequent bouts of ear fullness and ringing and dizziness also, have upset stomach and at times a dull pain in the right of chest I have also experienced a shadow in my vision which was sudden and short lasting about five minutes but have been suffering eye pain since and also struggling to read words aloud although, I can read and indetsyand them.
Posted Wed, 20 Feb 2013 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Kalpana Pathak 35 minutes later
Welcome to XXXXXXX
You have mentioned following symptoms-
Numbness,weakness, pins and needle sensation in your limbs( peripheral neuropathy)
Dry eye, dry mouth( due to decreased lacrimal gland and saliva production)
Ear fullness, dizziness, ringing in ears(tinnitus)
Upset stomach( due to reduced intestinal secretions)
Dull chest pain
Eye pain, vision problems( could be due to dry eye)

From the cluster of manifestations, you have mentioned, it could be all co-related or may be different conditions. It may also be a condition named as SJOGREN'S SYNDROME, which is an auto immune disorder usually occurring in middle aged females.

I would vehemently advice you to book an appointment with a rheumatologist so that you can undergo tests to confirm the same. Once the diagnosis is made, treatment can be started to relieve the symptoms. The disease is not life threatening. However, prolonged treatment might be required.

Hope that answers your query. Should there be further queries, I would be apply to help you out.