Experiencing numbness in fingers after a running session. What could it be?

Good morning Yesterday after i finished my renning session i felt numbness in my pinky & ring fingers in my left arm . Then after 2 hours i began to feel it in the right pinky & orange fingers too . Then i slept for 5 hours & when i waked up i still have the numb feeling then after another 1 hour begin to feel it in my down lip . For your info : i did last week an ECG test & Cardios stress test (TMT) & both are normal .& yesterday by luck i was at my Cardiologist to let him see my tests & he did a physical exam & told me you are good & your blood pressure is normal . What do you think . N.B.: Maybe yesterday i did an exessive running exercise .
Posted Mon, 9 Dec 2013 in Brain and Spine
Answered by Dr. Chakravarthy Mazumdar 13 days later
Brief Answer: Dehydration coupled with electrolyte loss Detailed Answer: Hi, Yes probably you did excessive running the other day. That resulted in more water and electrolyte loss. I advice my patients to wait it out while replacing the lost fluid with lime juice / water with salt and sugar. Sodium or Potassium loss could result in such symptoms. Hope this answers.