Experiencing numbness and tingling in arm. On ibuprofen. Getting sore neck. How to treat this problem?

Several weeks ago I started experiencing numbness and tingling in my left arm. I've had this happen many many times before and was usually accompanied by an anxiety attack. It had always just gone away after several hours. But this time it just stayed numb day after day.Then two weeks ago I started getting alot of pain in my upper left shoulder blade like someone pushing the eraser end of a pencil into me. The numbness in my arm got worse as did the pain so i went to a chiropractor. He took xrays and informed me that he found a "calcified mass" where all my pain was originating and that it was swelling, pinching nerves, and cutting off the circulation to my arm. I've been using ibuprofen and icing it every couple of hours daily and seeing the chiropractor once a week for ultrasound treatment and adjustments but the problem doesn't seem to get any better. The sharp pain in my back comes on regularly and the numbness and tingling in my left arm still persists, though I do have days here and there where it feels a little better. I am now getting extremely sore in my neck like I've been head-banging for hours on end end. Sleep is impossible when any of these symptoms come on and I'm starting to get worried that this problem can't be solved with just a chiropractor. He also can't seem to give me a straight answer on what this problem is, how long it will take to heal, or what kind of results i can expect. I'm a painter, which doesn't help, and devout guitar player. Any thoughts on what this condition might be? And can you please offer some advice on how i should go about treating this issue. Do I need to see a doctor other than my chiropractor? Thank you.
Posted Wed, 29 Aug 2012 in Brain and Spine
Answered by Dr. Neeraj Baheti 4 hours later
Welcome to healthcare magic
You seem to have cervical radiculopathy. Your nerves are getting entrapped at the exit region near your spine.
I don't know what that calcific mass is. If at all it is there where and how much significant it is. X XXXXXXX wont give a proper picture of the severity of problem.
The best modality would be an MR imaging of spine and later if needed a neurologist emergently. He/she will examine you and advise you regarding further investigations and treatment.

Should have any more query or concern feel free to ask.

Best Wishes,
Dr. Neeraj Baheti
Follow-up: Experiencing numbness and tingling in arm. On ibuprofen. Getting sore neck. How to treat this problem? 8 hours later
Thank you Dr. for your response. Is this possibly something serious? I do not have health insurance and to see the neurologist as a cash pt is quit expensive.
Answered by Dr. Neeraj Baheti 15 hours later
Since this problem is worsening you should better consult at least a GP. If he/she insist you may have to see a specialist.

Best Wishes,