Experiencing noticeable loss of balance, do regular exercise. Cause?

I am 75years old and started experiencing noticeable loss of balance at times around 2 weeks ago. I am going to a gym about twice per week exercising upper body for a half hour and walking treadmill for one mile at 3 mph, recording around 112-115.heart pressure. I thought I was pretty healthy and looking well, ut now am wondering! Have you any recommendations, doctor?
Posted Wed, 9 Oct 2013 in Brain and Spine
Answered by Dr. Rakesh Madhyastha 55 minutes later
Brief Answer:

Detailed Answer:
Thanks for the query

Instead of giving an array of differential diagnosis for loss of balance I would like to come to a better conclusion. So I would like to know a little more about your condition

1. Is the giddiness present through out the day ? or only after work outs, mornings, etc
2. Did you have any ringing in the ears or any discharge from the ear ?
3. Did you notice any slurring of speech?
4. Did you notice any one sided weakeness ?
5. Have you got your blood sugar tested recently ?
6. Was your heart beat racing when you experienced this giddiness ?

Please get back to me, I am awaiting your reply

Follow-up: Experiencing noticeable loss of balance, do regular exercise. Cause? 1 hour later
1. No giddiness throughout the day.
2. At times some ringing in my left ear.
3. No slurring of speech.
4. Some slight tingling in right arm in the morning.
5. No recent blood sugar testing done.
6. No racing heart beat recently.

Dear Doctor, I have attempted to answer your questions in order. I do have a problem having had bronchitis/asthma problems since 9 months old after pneumonia, and take prescribed medication. I do also take Curcumin, Magnesium SRT, and recently B12 supplements. Thank you for your interest.
Answered by Dr. Rakesh Madhyastha 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Inner ear to blame

Detailed Answer:

Thanks for patiently answering all my questions.
It looks like the giddiness is due to an inner infection . Most of the time the inner ear gets infected causing mild imbalance and giddiness. It is treated with Tab betahistine hydrochloride three times daily for a week. Even after a week if you are not feeling better I advice you to go to an ENT surgeon to examine and opine with an audiometry test.

For the right hand numbness please continue taking vitamin b12 supplements

I hope I was of help