Experiencing nausea, vomiting and passing bowel movement immediately after eating. Prognosis?

I have been experiencing nausea and vomiting, followed by a bowel movement immediately after eating. I feel better once I empty the contents of my stomach. However, intestinal cramping persists. Can you please help?
Posted Sun, 24 Mar 2013 in Digestion and Bowels
Answered by Dr. Ratnakar Kini 1 hour later
I am Dr.Ratnakar Kini and I am pleased to answer your query.

How long have you been having these symptoms?
Any tests done?

Kindly get back to me with the answers.
Dr.Ratnakar Kini
Follow-up: Experiencing nausea, vomiting and passing bowel movement immediately after eating. Prognosis? 6 hours later

Thank you for responding. These symptoms have been persisting for about 2-3 weeks. This nausea/vomiting is not relieved by any nausea medications I have tried: meclizine, dramamine, cola syrup, etc.

Approximately 3 weeks ago, I was diagnosed with hypothyroidism. I began taking 25mg of synthroid immediately after, and about 3 days ago I was bumped up to 50mg. Could this be the cause? Or could it be something else?
No tests have been done. I also have been experiencing symptoms of Acid Reflux. Could this be contributing to anything?

Thank you for your help.

Answered by Dr. Ratnakar Kini 27 hours later
Synthyroid is not the cause for the symptoms you have.
Yes, acid reflux can cause nausea and vomiting.
The pain you get may be due to infection. Stool test may be done for evaluation.
Intestinal obstruction should also be ruled out when there is cramping abdominal pain and vomiting.

I hope that answers your question.
If you have no more questions, kindly accept this answer and rate this service.

Dr.Ratnakar Kini