Experiencing nausea, muscle pain after taking oxycodone for few month. Started cymbalta. Underlying cause?

I was taking oxycodone 10mg every six hours for 3 months, will that cause addiction? I stoppedsuddently and now experience extreme nausa, muscle pain, hot/cold sweats, insomina and more. I have been taking cymbalta for 14 days now. Is it withdrawel or side effects of the cymbalta. I had a lung biopsy 2 years ago that caused nerve damage and extreme pain.
Posted Sat, 20 Apr 2013 in Medicines and Side Effects
Answered by Dr. Nirmala P 4 hours later
Hi, thanks for asking in Healthcare Magic.
Oxycodone when stopped suddenly results in the withdrawal symptoms you are experiencing - nausea, vomiting, muscle pain, sweating, diarrhea, and dysphoria (unpleasant feeling).
These withdrawal symptoms will last only for few days. Also, when taken for analgesic purposes, Oxycodone rarely results in addiction.
Cymbalta (Duloxetine) is very useful in the treatment of severe neuropathic pain (pain due to nerve damage). It is an antidepressant and has been approved by FDA for the treatment of neuropathic pain.
The insomnia you are suffering from is due to Cymbalta and not due to Oxycodone. Cymbalta can cause dizziness if stopped suddenly (discontinuation syndrome).
Warm regards. Hope this helps. Please let me know if I can assist you further.