Experiencing nausea and bad taste after taking acetaminophen for pain. Are they correlated?

I take acetaminophen for pain frequently. I have been experiencing nausea and a bad taste in my mouth recently, do you think there is a connection?
Posted Mon, 2 Dec 2013 in Medicines and Side Effects
Answered by Dr. Jose Ignacio Artero Munoz 54 minutes later
Brief Answer: Acetaminophen side effects Detailed Answer: Hello.Delighted to be able to help Acetaminophen is one of the most widely used painkillers. It is not a potent painkiller but not have adverse effects of antiinflammatories (gastric damage) and no adverse effects of opioids (dependence and withdrawal, drowsiness).Adverse effects (occurring occasionally) associated with the intake of Acetaminophen are nausea, vomiting, anemia, mouth ulcers or difficulty in urination.Consequently your symptoms may be related to intake of Acetaminophen.Prolonged use of high doses of acetaminophen (more than 4000 mg per day) may cause liver toxicity,especially if combined with alcohol or drugs such as isoniazid, carbamazepine or phenytoin. I Hope I have answered your query. If you have any further questions I will be happy to help.If you do not have any clarifications, please don’t forget to evaluate my answer.I wish you good health.