Experiencing nasal congestion with white solid smelly liquid coming out. What could this be?
User rating for this question
Doctor, I am experiencing nasal congestion since last 10-15 days. Sometimes a white solid material comes which smells very badly. I am experiencing the same since last 5-6 years but these days problem is increased. Kindly suggest on same.
Posted Wed, 18 Dec 2013 in Ear, Nose and Throat Problems
Answered by Dr. Abhishek Sharma 38 minutes later
Brief Answer: get ent consultation Detailed Answer: Hello, You have a long term problem of nasal infections and allergy to dust. When there is nasal infections there is increased blood flow in the nose which is body reaction to the infection or the allergen in your case you said its dust .Then you have blocked sensation and so the nasal fluid is secreted more in amount which drains down in throat or from nose which you feel as discharge and when it dries up there is crust formation. You need to get ENT consultation done . For proper examination to see for the disease and then you require to get done CT scan of nose and paranasal sinuses to see for the anatomical abnormality in nose and to see for the infection in the sinuses. Then the further treatment can be planned. You may require antibiotics and nasal and oral decongestants . In doubt do reply.
People also viewed
- Experiencing nasal congestion sneezing and fever
- Stiff heels in the morning
- Post-viral cough syndrome treatment
- Herpes outbreak while on valtrex
- Nasal congestion and nothing comes out
- Post-surgery cough
- Why lovenox instead of heparin
- Nasal congestion white spot on throat
- Cough sore throat hoarse voice
- Hurts to cough up mucus
- Risperdal and high prolactin levels
- Experiencing severe coughcold and nasal congestion
- What causes sever nasal congestion
- Ways to lower heart rate
- Cough with yellow phlegm treatment