Experiencing muscle pain and discomfort in leg. Could it be a blood clot?

I am a 25 year old female and have been experiencing muscle pain and discomfort in my right leg. It started about a week ago and is mostly in my calf, but sometimes feels like it extends all the way to my hip. My heel also feels bruised and hurts to walk or drive. I am wondering if its possible this could be a blood clot. I don't want to overreact and go to the doctor over nothing. It doesn't appear swollen.
Posted Sun, 28 Oct 2012 in Bones, Muscles and Joints
Answered by Dr. Pavan Kumar Gupta 5 hours later
Yes the chances of clot in your calf can be a possibility specially if there has been a recent surgery or if you are on contraceptive pills or if you were on long air travel more than 4 to 5 hours.However even sitting for a very long time on desk or working long hours on computer can also cause this problem of blood clot XXXXXXX as DVT or XXXXXXX vein thrombosis.

Other causes for your pain in calf and leg may be due to 
Heavy exercises
Electrolyte imbalance 
Medications like statins etc

I would definitely advise you to consult your doctor for proper examination and investigations if required.
Till you consult your doctor,you may take following measures
Hydrate yourself well by taking plenty of fluids
Take hot shower or bath
Take some anti inflammatory like ibuprofen 600 mg three times a day
Don't overstrain your leg muscles

I hope to have answered your query however you may revert to me for any further query.
Best of luck