Experiencing mild uterine contractions. In peri menopausal period. What are the possible causes?

I am a 52 year old healthy woman who has been experiencing (what I believe are) mild uterine contractions over the past 10 days. They are brief ( 1-3 seconds) and feel "warm" in my abdomen or uterus. They feel like something I experienced during pregnancy. I am in pre or peri menopause and haven't had a menstrual period in almost a year. What are the possible causes? What course of actions should I pursue?
Posted Sat, 9 Nov 2013 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Basheer Ahamed 51 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Post menopausal symptoms.

Detailed Answer:

You have not had your periods for the last one year. So by definition you have attained menopause and you're in the postmenopausal period.

Due to the hormonal imbalance it is quite common to experience such symptoms of abdominal cramps, bloating and flushing.

So it is advisable to take analgesic, vitamin and calcium supplements to overcome these symptoms.

Hope the answer helps you.