Experiencing migraine headache along with vomiting and nausea. Medication to get relief?

Hi. Last week for the first time ever I experienced a migraine headache accompanied with vomiting. I was put in the hospital by neurologist. It's a week later the migraine has subsided however the stomach ache continues and I could barely eat. Have not been able to perform daily functions. Drinking a nausea Pepto Bismol, anything to stomach and acid reflux. My doctors are out of town until next week. Help
Posted Sat, 27 Apr 2013 in Headache and Migraines
Answered by Dr. Payman Hajiazim 1 hour later
Hi there, thanks for asking. Nausea in Migraine is controllable with some medication from the class of Dopamine antagonists like metoclopramide. You can ask any doctor to prescribe for you a medication from this class if there is no problem regarding its taking for you. The only possible side effect which is important is that some people may feel rigid muscles in neck or any place after its taking which is a rare side effect. You can ask from emergency or any doctor about it. I wish you a good health.