Experiencing midsternal, chest pain, belching, reflux and shoulder pain. EKG normal. Take prevacid for arthritis. Suggest?

Infertility Specialist
Good evening. I am experiencing midsternal, slightly to the right, chest pain; belching, reflux neck pressure, pain in my shoulder blades and a discomfort in my right belly. I had my gallbladder out years ago. Yesterday I saw my GP who did an exam and EKG which were normal. I take prevacid daily and remicade every 6 weeks for psoriatic arthritis. I have been referred to a GI MD. Is this a sufficient cardiac eval and what are your thought regarding a possible cause? Thank you!!
Posted Thu, 3 Oct 2013 in Women's Health
Answered by Dr. Dattaprasad 2 hours later
Brief Answer:
Symptoms most likely due to GERD.

Detailed Answer:
Welcome to XXXXXXX
Your symptoms sre most likely due either to your GERD problem or cardiac problem.
Regarding cardiac evaluation, problem may sometimes be missed if EKG is done immediately after start of symptoms. In that case you may need to repeat EKG. If you had done EKG after „Äč4-6 hours of start of sympyoms, no need to repeat EKG.
For GERD, please consult GI MD as advised.
Let me know if you have other concerns.