Experiencing metal taste and pressure sensation in ears. Is this a sign of an illness?
User rating for this question
Metal taste on back of tounge.. pressure sensation in ears. More intense when bending forward at waist. Experience over months.
Posted Sat, 30 Nov 2013 in Ear, Nose and Throat Problems
Answered by Dr. Shoaib Khan 58 minutes later
Brief Answer: An ENT examination would help find the cause Detailed Answer: Hello ma'am and welcome. Thanks for writing to us. Based on the provided symptoms it appears as though you are experiencing dysgeusia. Dysgeusia occurs due to the following reasons: -Bleeding from the sinuses, gums, nose, and/or other parts of the oral cavity -Injuries in the oral cavity -Weight-loss associated with infections or a post-nasal drip -Medications (eg. penicillin and other antibiotics, thyroid medication, vitamins, etc.) -High protein -Gastro-intestinal disorders (you do not seem to have any symptoms of this) -Thyroid medications -Dental conditions or fillings This results in the breakdown of iron, which gives a metallic taste in the mouth. The other symptoms are associated with a possible bleed somewhere. Do you also have a foul-smell from your oral cavity, or tender or sore teeth ma'am? I would advise you to visit an ENT (ear, nose, throat) specialist, for an examination, which would certainly help find the cause. As is quite clear, from your medical history and current medication details, the cause most probably lies in your ear, nose or throat. I hope you found my response both helpful and informative ma'am. Please feel free to write back to me for any further clarifications, I would be more than happy to help you. Best wishes.
People also viewed
- Ear drainage metal taste headache
- Pressure and crawly sensation in ears
- Excessive post nasal drip causes
- What causes drainage in throat
- Post nasal drip cause wheezing
- Ear ache pressure in ear
- Knee injury yellowish substance present under skin suggestions
- Severe stabbing pain numbness and tingling in the vagina treatment
- Throat congestion burping due to indigestion
- Drugs that cause difficulty swallowing
- Severe abdominal pain on the left side fever reason
- Tender breasts after mirena insertion irregular bleeding cramping suggestions
- Ear pain metallic taste
- Ear pressure pain and metal taste
- Drugs that cause runny nose