Experiencing lower abdominal and testicle pain after doing exercise. Reason?

I started working out two days ago and now my lower abdomen/obliques are sore along with my testicles, what's can it be?
Posted Wed, 17 Apr 2013 in Exercise
Answered by Dr. Pavan Kumar Gupta 4 hours later

The pain that you experience lower down in your obliques and testicles is most likely related to your exercise. This is a common problem experienced by new comers when doing exercises. You may have sustained a lower abdominal strain during exercises targeting that area. Strains are tears in the muscle and can range in severity from very small tears in just a few fibres to a complete rupture of the entire muscle. They present with localised lower abdomen pain radiating down testicles.

Warm up properly before exercise, keeping the intensity low initially and drinking enough fluids to maintain hydration are essential to prevent such strains in future. Since you are doing anaerobic exercises, you should not do them on successive days in the same muscle groups. For example, if you do abdominal crunches on Monday you should repeat it again on Wednesday only.

For now, I suggest you to rest the abdominal muscles properly ice the affected areas. Over the counter pain killers can be added benefits.

I hope it helps; however you may revert to me for any further query.

Best of luck
Follow-up: Experiencing lower abdominal and testicle pain after doing exercise. Reason? 5 hours later
would you recomend me taking any recovery drinks for after my work outs if so what would be a good chiose if not what can i do ?
Answered by Dr. Pavan Kumar Gupta 1 hour later

If you are doing hard workouts and sweating a lot, you must not only drink electrolyte containing but also have protein and carbohydrates within one hour, as that is the time when muscles absorb maximum nutrients.

For drinks you can use either ready made drinks like GATORADE, POWERADE, LUCOZADE SPORT etc or you can have lemon juice with a pinch of salt or even coconut water.

For eating you can have Yoghurt, spinach, cottage cheese, whey protein bars, chicken and fish, protein shakes, fresh fruits and dry fruits etc.