Experiencing lightheadedness and feeling of hot ear with cold body. Should I consult a doctor?

ENT Specialist
unknow ER maybemy age is 25 I weigh 200 lbs. approximately I'm 6" tall. latey I've been having issues staying awake my ears get hot along with my body and having chills off and on during the day. lightheadedness my eyes under bottom eyelid upper is bright red. not sure if this is a medical emergency for a er visit or not.
I forgot to say for the past few months my heart area hurts and my neck hurts as well
Posted Mon, 22 Apr 2013 in Infections
Answered by Dr. A.K. Srivastava 1 hour later

Thanks for writing to H.C.M. for your query.

I have gone through your query regarding redish discolouration of your ear and upper eyelids, you have off and on chills as well. For last few months you are having chest pain and pain over neck.

Weather your chills are associated with fever or not? Because if it is associated with chills than there are possibilities of Malaria / Filaria / septicemia.

You have complaint about pain over chest and ncek this might be due to GERD.(gastro esophageal reflux disease).But we have to rule out Cardiac involvement by your blood pressure and E.C.G.

For treatment just now you should take an anti allergic tab Levocetrizine 5 mg stat because your problem may be due to some allergic reaction as well.

You are advice for these investigations for reaching to correct diagnosis-

(b) E.C.G., & TMT,

(c) Upper GI Endoscopy.

After this by thorough examination and clinical co-relation of inferences of investigations one can reach to final diagnosis which may be accordingly plan for treatment.