Experiencing light headedness after getting up. Blood pressure good. Can it be due to stress and lack of sleep?

Hello. Today, I was bending over cleaning and when I got up I experienced light headedness. Sometimes it happens from time to time. For example, if I am excerises or doing pilates I can experience it too. I would like to know if this is a medical concern? I do not take medication. I am healthy. BP is good. I lost 40lbs since January and I eat about 2300 calories a day. Is there something that I should be doing? Can a lack of sleep or stress cause it too?

Posted Mon, 19 Aug 2013 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Y V Siva Sankara Murty 1 hour later

Thanks for writing to health care magic.

There could be various causes for that. One of them could be anemia. What is your Hb% like. If Hb% is low this can some times cause such problem.
Some times such problem can occur with loss of fluids from the body(dehydration)

Some times such problem can occur because of problem in the ear. Various conditioned like low blood sugar and low blood pressure (you already mentioned that your BP is within normal range) can also cause such a problem.

Yes lack of sleep can some times make a person feel light headed.

First get yourself examined by your doctor. He may order certain investigations like blood sugar, Hb% etc depending on the physical examination findings.

Continue to ask further queries as required.
Hope this helps.
Dr Y V Siva Sankara Murty
Associate Professor of Pediatrics