Experiencing light bleeding. Taken micro and never had bleeding. Worrisome

I am experiencing light bleeding. I have taken micro or for 5 years and have never had any bleeding. I am a bit worried.

Posted Tue, 31 Jul 2012 in Menstruation and Miscarriage
Answered by Dr. Rajeev Chavda 28 minutes later
Thanks for writing in.
I understand your concern. There can be several causes of the bleeding including a side effect of the micronor or due to a local problem as well. This could include a polyp, abrasion or something more serious as well. The only way to know is to perform a physical exam and run some investigations like a Pap smear, colposcopy( if something suspicious is found) and an ultrasound of the pelvis. If you never had bleeding before, you should be seeing a physician and getting an exam done.
I would suggest that you discontinue the Micronor till then. These contraceptives are contraindicated if it is undiagnosed abnormal vaginal bleeding.
Hope I have answered your query. If you have any further questions I will be happy to help.