Experiencing intense pain in upper arms. What is causing this pain?

I do manual labour work and have experienced a tremendous intense pain in my upper arms quite recently, after lifting the usual workloads. This is not a common pain like post weights workout, its a very intense throbbing ache.
Any idea, what this might be?
Posted Wed, 17 Oct 2012 in Bones, Muscles and Joints
Answered by Dr. Muhammad Ishfaq Habib 2 hours later
Thanks for the query

The pains that are associated with heavy weights and with increased severity are most likely due to neurological origin. heavy weight lifting causes pressure on the vertebral column thus compressing the spinal cord and causing pain along the distribution of the nerves. common anti-inflammatory drugs are very much effective in such pains

If you still have some queries feel free to ask