Experiencing hot and cold sweats, severe back pain and nausea. Cause and cure?

Feb 2014

Orthopaedic Surgeon, Joint Replacement
Last night I woke with unbearable pain in my back, where I have a lump (that my doctor told me last year was a fatty cyst, it is located at my lower back slightly on the right hand side of my spine) and the pain would shoot up my sides, pinching above my right breast. It also felt like there was pressure being exerted on my hips. I also was shaking violently, experiencing hot and cold sweats, feeling nauseated and this all occurred for approximately 2 hours until I had stopped shaking so violently
Posted Sat, 9 Mar 2013 in Back Pain
Answered by Dr. Saurabh Gupta 47 minutes later

From description it seems you might having spinal tubercolosis(Pott's disease) and lump over lower back might be cold abcess(Psoas abscess).

You need careful detailed examination of spine and swelling, neurological exxamination by an orthopaedician for an accurate diagnosis and appropriate management. You may get the X-ray/MRI of the area affected and some blood tests under his/her guidance.

Hope this will help you. Let me know if you have more concerns.

Wishing you good health...

Dr Saurabh Gupta.
Orthopaedic Surgeon.