Experiencing horrible panic attacks. Had IBS. Chances of pancreatic cancer?

I have been experiencing horrible panic attacks for several months. I have no thyroid but my blood work came back normal. I have lost 7 pounds this month either due to diarrhea (have been diagnosed with ibs so do get that). It does alter with constipation. Some of the lack of appetite has been the panic attacks. This morning my stool was fairly well formed but looked clay colored possibly with some blood. I am terrified it is pancreatic cancer although my enzymes were tested also and were normal last month. What could it be? I am an almost 45 year old woman.
Posted Fri, 18 Jan 2013 in Digestion and Bowels
Answered by Dr. Ratnakar Kini 2 hours later
I am Dr.Ratnakar Kini and I am pleased to answer your query.
In irritable bowel syndrome you do not lose weight.
Since you are having chronic diarrhea with blood in it, I would advise you to undergo colonoscopy for evaluation.

I hope that answers your question.
If you have no more questions, kindly accept this answer and rate this service.

Dr.Ratnakar kini