Experiencing high resting heart rate. Having tightness in chest. Taking Benicar. Blood pressure 145/85. Suggestions?

My husband is experiencing high resting heart rate . It runs 100 to 120. For the last few weeks he has had a tightness in his chest. Gets really bad when exerts himself. He wakes up very tired. He needs to lose about 30 pounds. He is on 20 mg of Benicar HCT for about a year. His blood pressure runs lower the higher his heart rate goes. Right now it was 145 over 85 pulse rate was 98. Any thoughts?
Posted Mon, 5 Aug 2013 in Hypertension and Heart Disease
Answered by Dr. Ram Choudhary 3 hours later
Welcome to healthcare Magic!
I would like to know since how long it is so?
Has he undergone any investigation like complete blood counts, ECHO, ECG etc.
How is his appetite?
Please let me know?
I hope the advise would be informative and useful for you.
Take Care!