Experiencing heel pain. What to do?

Feb 2014

Orthopaedic Surgeon, Joint Replacement
I have been experiencing some prettry moderat heel pain over the past 6mths or so. This is occuring while sitting and walking. Also, it is painful while driving (left foot) so, I tend to keep it flat footed or on the side of the foot, moving it back and forth. I noticed it at first while driving. Getting out of bed and walking wasn't and issue until this past week or so. That's when it seemed as though the pain was much more prevalent.
Posted Sun, 9 Jun 2013 in Bones, Muscles and Joints
Answered by Dr. Saurabh Gupta 1 hour later

Pain over your heal seems ro be due to planter fasciitis. It is caused by straining the ligament that support the arch. Repeated stress can cause tiny tears in ligament. This causes pain.
I suggest you-
Give rest to your feet.
Do contast foot bath. Dip your foot alternatively in warm and cold water.
Do calf and toe stretching exercises.
Pick shoes with good arch support and cushionoid sole.
You can take antiinflammatory drug like ibuprofen to reduce pain and inflammation.

Hope this will helps you. Let me know if you have any more concern.

Dr Saurabh XXXXXXX
Orthopaedic Surgeon.