Experiencing heavy head, slight headache, weak and running nose. Feel itchy in throat and body aches. Suggest?

Pain Medicine & Palliative Care Specialist
Question
Hi I'm experiencing following symptoms: heavy head, slight headache, very weak, runny nose (clear mucus), sneezing here and there, itchy throat, no fever, no body aches, slight pain in my ears.
Posted Fri, 18 Oct 2013 in Asthma and Allergy

Answered by Dr. Kerry Pottinger 16 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Viral upper respiratory tract infection.

Detailed Answer:
Thank you for using Healthcare Magic.
Your symptoms suggest an upper respiratory tract infection which is likely to be viral. You have symptoms related to your nose, sinuses and throat.
The best course of action is to rest as much as possible. Drink plenty of water and juice. Take paracetamol and ibuprofen for the aches and pains. These will also help if you develop a fever.
The illness is self-limiting so there is no specific cure. The symptoms usually lasts a few days.
If your symptoms get worse and your mucus becomes greenish and you develop a fever then this may indicate a bacterial infection and antibiotics may help. In this case I suggest you see your doctor.
I hope you feel better soon. If you have any further questions, please do not hesitate to contact me.
Dr K A Pottinger,
MBChB FRCA

Follow-up: Experiencing heavy head, slight headache, weak and running nose. Feel itchy in throat and body aches. Suggest? 2 minutes later
Can it be allergies because i actully took antihestamine which made my symptoms much better and i was able to sleep.

Answered by Dr. Kerry Pottinger 11 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Yes, could be allergies.

Detailed Answer:
Thank you for the further information.
Yes, it could be allergies. However, the weakness you are experiencing and the ear pain would suggest a viral infection. But as you have felt an improvement with your anti-histamine then carry on using this. You may be able to identify something unusual that you have been in contact with that has triggered the reaction. Most anti-histamines cause some degree of sedation so you would need to be careful if you take it during the day. Either way, you are most likely to improve in the next few days.
I hope this helps.
Dr K A Pottinger

Follow-up: Experiencing heavy head, slight headache, weak and running nose. Feel itchy in throat and body aches. Suggest? 3 minutes later
The night before i actually slept with my windowsopen for the first time since april.

Answered by Dr. Kerry Pottinger 15 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Advise to treat the symptoms

Detailed Answer:
The best course of action over the next few days would be to treat the symptoms by using your antihistamines and taking pain-killers as needed. I am sure you will improve soon.
Dr K A Pottinger