Experiencing headaches, mood swings, pains in stomach, queasiness and irregular periods. Suggest?

Mar 2013
Hi Doctor,
My period was regular at first, but the last three months my period has been changing. It normally comes around the beginning or ending of the month, however recently it switch to the middle of the month, then back to the end of the month. Recently I have been experiencing headaches, mood swings, pains in stomach and a queasiness. Three days ago I had the queasiness, and I was about to vomit but I was able to stop it from coming completely up. I am having these symptoms, but i'm on my period, so I don't know what is going on.....
Posted Wed, 19 Jun 2013 in Menstruation and Miscarriage
Answered by Dr. Aarti Abraham 11 minutes later
The symptoms you describe seem to be pre menstrual symptoms, which can sometimes extend during periods also.
Causes for irregular periods can be - anxiety, stress, emotional turbulence, hectic travelling, rapid and significant changes in weight, ingestion of hormonal medication or birth control, psychological disturbances etc.
Other causes could be hypothyroidism, polycystic ovaries, endometrial hyperplasia, tumors in the ovaries or uterus etc.
Please consult a gynecologist to have complete evaluation and diagnosis.
take care, and feel free to discuss further.
Follow-up: Experiencing headaches, mood swings, pains in stomach, queasiness and irregular periods. Suggest? 32 minutes later
Do you believe that it is possible that I am pregnant?
Answered by Dr. Aarti Abraham 3 minutes later
Well you said you are having a period, so obviously that is ruled out.
Unless the period you are having is not normal in the usual sense.