Experiencing headache, dizziness, tingling and burning sensation in hands. MRI normal. What is wrong?

Orthopaedic Surgeon
About three years ago I started having tingling in my hands that went away for a few months then wuld come back. Eventually the feeling stayed along with tingling in my feet that later turned to a burning sensation. Around that same time my tongue would tingle lasting about an hour or less and would happen 2 to 3 times a week. I also had a constant mild headache that and pressure. I went to and ENT and they said it was not sinus related. All around the same time I would get a strange feeling almost like being "high" and felt dizzy. I would wake up and feel nauseas and unrested making it hard to get threw the day. I had a mri of my neck and brain which were all fine. I had a lot of blood work. The headaches went away a year ago and I felt better except for mild tingling. This lasted about 6 months. Then I would go threw times when I felt tired, nauseas, leg weakness, back pain, tingling in face feet and hands. Two months ago I got aterrible pain in my arms and back of my head. I had trouble saying the correct words and have trouble concentrating. I went on a gluten free diet and it seemed to work and I feltt great until two weeks ago the headaches are back in the front of my face with a lot of pressure behind my eyes. my vision is clear but as if im looking threw a fuzzy tv. The tingling in my tongue is back and burning in my feet. I wake up nauseas and dizzy. I have been to many Drs and they say I have neuropathy and headaches. I know something more is wrong.
Posted Sun, 21 Apr 2013 in Headache and Migraines
Answered by Dr. Praveen Tayal 32 minutes later
It is good that the MRI of head has come out clear but from your symptoms it looks like parasthesia and anxiety attacks. Anxiety and panic attacks can also cause parasthesia or pins and needle or burning sensations along with dizziness and a tired feeling.

Many causes of such sensations are there. These include injury to the back or spinal cord, Lack of blood supply as a result of plaque formation in the blood vessels, diabetes, stroke, multiple sclerosis and underactive thyroid. Abnormal levels of calcium, potassium, or sodium in your body and a lack of vitamin B12 can also cause such symptoms.

I realize you are dealing with frustrating symptoms. I hope you are able to continue a good exchange of information with your PCP who can coordinate a continued workup in order to provide you the help you need.
Meanwhile you can start taking vitamin B complex supplements and electrolyte XXXXXXX fluids and avoid caffeine.
I hope this answers your query.
In case you have additional questions or doubts, you can forward them to me, and I shall be glad to help you out.
Please accept my answer in case you do not have further queries.
Dr. Praveen Tayal.